“Open my eyes that I might see wonderful things in your Law.” (Psalm 119:18)
There are so many reasons that we should burn the Word of God in our hearts, but with all these reasons given in scripture, the number one reason we are even alive is to glorify Him. So when we read and meditate on His Word, we ultimately come to know Him better and can better serve and glorify Him. Below are just a few verses for meditation. Read the passages that contain these verses and ask the Lord what it is He would have you learn from each of them.
- All scripture is God breathed, so we can know it is reliable and trust it
- His ways are perfect and his words are flawless, deserving of our trust
- It is sharper than a double-edged sword, so it cuts through our evil hearts and shows us who we really are before a Holy God
- All we need for life and godliness is found in God’s Word. We don’t need to go outside of his Word to find answers; in fact when we do, we get into trouble because we allow ourselves to be deceived
- Hiding the Word in our heart guards us from sinning
- We need the solid food of God’s Word to become mature Christians, otherwise we cannot grow and be useful witnesses for the kingdom
There are so many treasures to be found in the Word of God! When we slow down and really soak it in, our lives will be transformed. The Lord has blessed many Christian authors with talent and the ability to communicate, but it is important to begin with the Greatest Book written by the First and most important Author, the God of the universe.
Prayer: Thank you, Father, for giving me your Word. Please speak to me through it as I dedicate time each day to read it and meditate upon it.
Suggested Reading: Proverbs 2